BabyFruit Ticker

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Bottom 10 Movies of 2008

I am doing a mish mash for my bottom 10, 10-6 are terrible movies I didn't see, and 5-1 are movies that were not necessarily the worst of the year but my biggest disappointments.


#10- Beverly Hills Chihuahua - This movie looked sooo terrible, then it made 92 million dollars. There are a lot of dumb movie goers.

#9- Mad Money - As soon as I looked at the poster, I vomited.
Exhibit A:


#8- Bangkok Dangerous - I think Nicholas Cage should be arrested for his hair in this movie.

#7- Meet Dave - Oh Eddie Murphy, do you know how to say no to a movie offer anymore?

#6- Meet the Spartans/Superhero Movie/Disaster Movie - Who decided that spoof movies aren't supposed to be funny anymore? If Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer ever make a movie again I will be very surprised.

#5- Smart People - This looked like it would be much funnier and more clever than it actually was.

#4- Leatherheads - The premise seemed interesting and clever, but the movie was just boring. I am a fan of George Clooney and John Krasinski, it just didn't live up to my expectations.

#3- Semi-Pro - I love Will Ferrell comedies, but this movie was just not very funny and disappointing. The Old Spice commercials were funnier than the movie.

#2- Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - Seriously, Shia Labeouf is not tarzan, he does not swing on vines with monkeys. Totally ruined the movie for me, which was sad since I had this movie pegged as the top grosser of the summer (I didn't think TDK would break 350 mil.)

#1- Cloverfield - This really has nothing to do with the quality of the movie, I love Godzilla-type movies. But I could not watch the movie and just laid there with my head in Molly's lap for most of the movie. If I can't watch the awesome monster smashing, it makes the bottom of the list.


Other Bottom Lists:
Cameron
Joel
Brian

2 comments:

Cam-Fu said...

You know what, I don't blame you at all for your reasoning on Cloverfield. If you cannot physically watch the film, then there is certainly a problem. I'll admit that there were moments where I had to look at the theatre wall or ceiling. Mostly the parts where they were running and it was dark. I know that might seem like the whole movie, but I'm mostly just talking about the subway and building scenes. I seriously got nauseous watching those parts and had to look away for a minute or two.

Oh, and I love your comment on Mad Money.

iamthemessenger said...

Awesome list! You should do more lists, I like this.