BabyFruit Ticker

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Top Ten Movies Of 2008

EDIT: I saw Curious Case of Benjamin Button today, and if I were to redo the list, it would likely be 2b. It is very hard to place, but it is totally top 3.


#10 Role Models - I love Paul Rudd. I wasn't sure I wanted to see the movie until I heard that Paul Rudd came onboard and did a ton of rewrites and deserved a writing credit on the movie. It was hilarious.

#9 Step Brothers - This movie made me giggle with glee. I love the Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly combo, plus it brought back awesome memories of my childhood with my brother. Like when they reconfigure their room to bunk beds, it was something I could see Mike and I doing.

#8 Forgetting Sarah Marshall - This movie makes the list if for nothing besides the Dracula Rock Opera. But the rest of the movie is hilarious also. I am a big Jason Segel fan. All the supporting actors were great in this movie too, except for Jonah Hill, his character was obnoxious.

#7 Wall-E - One of my favorite Pixar movies, and easily the best animated movie of the year.

#6 Incredible Hulk - I love Ed Norton and comic book movies. Easy peasy. Hulk had disappointing box office numbers but it was the bad taste from the previous Hulk movie rather than on the merits of this one.

#5 Iron Man - Robert Downey Jr. was a fantastic choice for Tony Stark. It had great action, it was funny, and very well written. A fantastic summer blockbuster.

#4 In Bruges - I really liked this movie, it started out quite lighthearted as an assassin was stuck in Bruges waiting for his boss to give them the go ahead to leave. About 3/4 the way in it takes a much darker turn and gave the movie much more depth. The best Colin Farrell movie in a loooong time.

#3 RocknRolla - Guy Ritchie made two great movies (Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrells, and Snatch) then married Madonna. Forgot how to make good movies (Swept Away) now seperated/divorced makes another fantastic London underground crime movie. This only got moved down from #2 because of how awesome Slumdog was.

#2 Slumdog Millionaire - Danny Boyle is amazing. The story was really well written, the directing was awesome, and the actors were also quite impressive.

#1 Dark Knight - How could it not be #1?


Movies I didn't see but could have been on the list:The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, The Wrestler, Gran Torino, Rachel Getting Married, probably all those other movies on other peoples lists.

Other peoples top 10 lists:
Cameron
Joel
Carlos
Brian
Charlie

4 comments:

Cam-Fu said...

Good list. Quite a few movies I haven't seen. Especially the Judd Apatow stuff. So far, with four lists submitted, TDK has been in the top three for all of them.

Carlos said...

Good list, Jason. Seen and liked most of your top 10. And Cam, as I said on my blog, TDK could easily have been #1 for me...it was hard to choose. Guess it really was the best (in general consensus) movie of the year...

Molly said...

Though I share the blog... I in NO WAY support pick number nine. It was stupid. STUPID.


The rest of the list is good. If Jason were clever he would take out number nine and move everything up one spot to include ben button in number 2 or 3 spot.

Jason- Be clever.

Cam-Fu said...

LOL @ Molly. We should have disclaimers that state "The opinions of this blogger are in no way shared exactly the same as other bloggers on this blog."