BabyFruit Ticker

Monday, January 12, 2009

Babyroom/weather part two.

So all the snow melted and a few weeks ago there was so much melted snow that it caused the creek to turn into a river and a waterfall to develop. (Normally the creek is about as wide as my arm.)All these pictures were taken with my very fancy new camera!!!! I'm stoked to actually learn how to use it so I can take awesome pictures in Hawaii!


And now here are the latest baby room pictures:

This is a picture of the tree. Once the frames go on a good sale I'm going to buy about 8-10 frames to put family photos hanging on the tree branches. Eventually the crib will go in this corner also and I'm going to make a birdy mobile to hang above it.

I also painted extra leaves blowing around the room. Here will will eventually put the dresser that I'm stealing from my dad's house in a few weeks. Above it we will hang a photo box that is holding There is a Monster at the end of this book written by Grover. On the other wall I'm going to hang three small paintings of an owl, deer, and a bunny.



And now for my funny kid quote of the day.
Today we were playing the speed game...the kids race to read a stack of cards in under one minute. One of the cards was stream. My student sounded it out like this:
str...stram...strip...STRIPPER!
I corrected him to say no it says stream, say that, Stream.
Stripper!
The rest of the game no matter how much correcting he couldn't get it changed in his brain and just kept saying stripper. It was hilarious.


3 comments:

Megan said...

So cute! I can't wait to see the room in real life!

Cam-Fu said...

That kid should get double points for that word.

iamthemessenger said...

The room looks awesome. I've seen some pictures of trees painted in corners of rooms, and by far yours are the best. Good job.