BabyFruit Ticker

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Some Updates:

Jason and I got wills today. Mostly so that we ensure Pat, then Amy, then Mike get James if anything happens to us. Good work us being grown ups.

I start my Masters next month.

James is eating a lot of foods these days. He likes butternut squash and sweet potato, hates avocado, LOVES peas. So far I am still enjoying making all of his foods and am pleased with how simple it is. I have a routine going, I make a big batch every Sunday and Wednesday and stick a bunch in the freezer so we have a few options at all times. Next week we are going to introduce green beans and on Christmas he gets his very first fruit, some pears.

He discovered he has a tongue. See pictures below.

He can sit up VERY well for very long periods of time (ten+ minutes.) But still can't roll from front to back. He can reach for things. He likes to demand for food in his high chair. He LOVES LOVES LOVES banging on the laptop.

We went to see Santa today and pick out his first ornament. He was uninterested in Santa and just mostly sat there. He got a little fussy when Santa took James' hand out of his mouth and held it down for the picture. The Santa was LAME for being the "fancy Nordstroms Santa." He just sat there unengaged with James. It was a little sad.

I think that is all for now.


Oh! Jason is sweet... We drove past a cupcake store today that I didn't know about and I a little too excitedly yelled "CUPCAKES!" so Jason did a quick u-turn and bought me one. Aww.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Old Cannery Santa is the best Santa. The pictures are free, and Santa really spends time with your kid, getting him comfortable and insuring you get a good picture. Downside is, since he's so thorough, the line is insanely long. We waited for 2 1/2 hours last Saturday!

Cam-Fu said...

You guys should come with us next year to see the Old Cannery Santa. We'll go when they first open so we can avoid the insane line.